I hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s day and you got some pretty flowers because that’s what we’re talking about today.
Here’s a little tutorial on how to shoot flowers! That’s right, even flowers can be a challenge.
1. Find a natural light source like a window and place your bouquet in front of it.
2. Use an open lens. There’s nothing better! Also it creates a nice blurry backdrop.
3. No flash! Avoid hard shades.
4. I like to use a Macro lens so you can get very close.
5. Try different angles! Sometimes a low angle looks better than a classic bird’s-eye view.
6. Having the light source in the back makes some flowers almost see through. Play with it!
7. Details! Find an especially pretty flower or even one that is already withering. It can turn into a great shot.
8. Dark spots should be avoided. When your bouquet looks to dark lighten it up in Photoshop. It makes a huge difference.
9. Don’t wait too long. Unfortunately flowers wither pretty fast so make sure you shoot while they’re still fresh
10. Water drops make a nice fresh appearance on flowers. Just spray some Water on them. It’ll instantly gives a fresh look
Let me know what you think and which angle you like most! I’m excited to hear your opinions.